Welcome to iJailbreak’s Top / Best Cydia Tweaks section. Here you will find the top Cydia tweaks for your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Scroll through the list, click on the Cydia tweak that intrigues you, and discover how it can make your experience easier when using your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
Note #1: We will be updating this page with the latest top Cydia tweaks when new articles are published, so make sure you come back soon!
Once you have Jailbroken your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad there are literally thousands upon thousands of Cydia tweaks available to install. As there is no real regulation to all the Cydia tweaks that appear in Cydia, sometimes not all tweaks are worth installing. They might be a developers first tweak, when they were just learning how to get into 3rd party iOS development, or maybe it was just poorly designed and has been known to cause errors. Due to these reasons iJailbreak has taken the time to compile some of the best Cydia tweaks in a straight forward list. All of the tweaks listed here are top-of-the-line and are really must have Cydia tweaks.
It is important to keep in mind however, that when you install numerous Cydia tweaks sometimes your performance and battery life can suffer. This is because you are heavily modifying how iOS functions. Thus, we recommended really researching each and every tweak listed in this section to see if it will be of benefit to you. Most of the tweaks we have listed link to an article specifically on that tweak for more information. Lastly, the tweaks are in no particular order, so make sure you look through them all.
The Top Cydia Tweaks For iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
- IntelliScreenX: If you are a frequent user of the Notification Center, then this tweak is for you. IntelliScreenX further enhances the Notification Center to your liking, and makes reading the things that are important to you a breeze. You can set up pages for your Twitter, Facebook, RSS Reader, and your Mail account. Also with the ability to access IntelliScreenX from the lockscreen, this tweak will make your social life much more accessible on your iOS Device.
- SBSettings: This tweak has been around for a very long time, and has long been a reason for users to jailbreak. SBSettings gives you the ability to access all of your favorite toggles via a simple Activator gesture (swipe across status bar, pull down from status bar, etc.). SBSettings comes with many default toggles like WiFi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, 3G, Brightness, and many more. There are tons of other toggles that you can find in Cydia.
- Zephyr: With the Zephyr Cydia tweak you can bring up the multitasking bar by simply swiping up from the bottom of your screen to the top of the screen. Additionally, the Zephyr Cydia tweak allows you to switch between applications by simply sliding right to left or left to right on your iOS devices screen. There are also numerous other gestures like swiping up to close applications.
- Activator: Activator is the reason tweaks like SBSettings can be used. It gives you the ability to set a custom gesture to launch the app/tweak of your preference or toggle your brightness, change songs, lockscreen, etc. You will find that Activator makes getting things done much easier on your iOS Device. Many tweaks have Activator integration and you can set gestures for anywhere on your device to specific places like your homescreen, in applications, and when you are on the lockscreen.
- BiteSMS: If you are a frequent SMS user like myself, then biteSMS is for you. What this tweak does to texting and iMessage on your iPhone is almost revolutionary. Once you have this tweak installed, you will find a very in-depth settings page in the biteSMS app. You will be able to set a Scheduled SMS, set a Passcode Lock, manage your Templates, add Signatures to your texts, and much more. Two of the biggest features of this tweak are Quick Compose and Quick Reply. Quick Compose gives you the ability to compose a text from anywhere on your iPhone, and Quick Reply will give you the ability to reply from a text from anywhere on your iPhone.
- Springtomize 2: Springtomize 2 is the Alpha-Dog when it comes to customization tweaks. With this tweak you will be able to customize almost every aspect of your iOS Device. You will find about a million tweaks in Cydia that allow you to change different things about your device, but with Springtomize 2 it is an all-in-one and also comes in at a much cheaper price than purchasing all of those other customization tweaks. If you are big on making your device unique to your liking, then Springtomize 2 is for you.
- Dashboard X: Dashboard X brings widgets to your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad that can be placed anywhere on your SpringBoard (homescreen). The Dashboard X Cydia tweak can place Notification Center widgets or Dashboard X specific widgets on your SpringBoard. There is even a handy Dashboard screen that can be accessed through a configured Activator action that will display various widgets as well.
- Unfold: The Unfold Cydia tweak will bring a “Fold-To-Unlock” effect to your iOS device’s lockscreen that is really quite amazing. It really is candy to the eye!
- iFile: iFile is the ultimate file-explorer tweak for your iOS Device. With this tweak you will be able to access/edit any file on your device, but be careful, do not change anything if you do not know what it is, as this might cause you to have restore your iPhone. On the bright side, iFile gives you access to viewing the file-system, changing permissions, and viewing or editing a variety of files. It includes support for most music file formats and video files.
- InfiniDock / InfiniFolders / InfiniBoard: The “Infini” Tweaks are InfiniDock, InfiniFolders and InfiniBoard. These tweaks unleash your SpringBoard and pushes the SpringBoard to its limits. They remove the Apple boundaries of how many apps you can have in your dock, in a folder, or on your SpringBoard. If you are a user that likes to have as many apps as your iOS Device allows and you want more features on your homescreen, then these tweaks are for you.
- GridTab for Safari or Tab+: The “Safari-Tab Combo” is a combination of the two jailbreak tweaks, GridTab for Safari and Tab+. With these two tweaks you will be able to have open as many tabs in Safari as you wish, and see them in a 2×2 or a 3×3 layout. I have found that there is no lag to having many tabs open at the same time and the layout looks very nice.
- Gridlock: Gridlock simply allows you to place your icons wherever you want by simply dragging and dropping them. This gives your iOS Device a more desktop-like experience.
- Barrel: Barrel adds a 3D effects to your Springboard (home screen) pages. This means that every time you slide for a new page on your iOS Device a 3D transition effect of your choice will take place.
- SpringBoard Invaders / SpringBlock Breaker: Both of these tweaks will turn an additional page on your SpringBoard into a game of space invaders or block breaker using your SpringBoard icons.
- RecognizeMe: This tweak will bring biometric security to your iOS Device. Meaning that instead of having to enter a passcode on your lockscreen you have the option to use facial recognition technology. This is done by first taking a series of automated photo’s using RecognizeMe’s Face Trainer. Once this is complete you simply lock your iOS Device and you now have the option to unlock your device using facial recognition.
- Winterboard / Dreamboard: Both Winterboard and Dreamboard are theming platforms that can completely change the look of your iOS Device. Winterboard was the original theming platform for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, and Dreamboard came after Winterboard. The difference between the two is that Winterboard requires a re-spring to apply a theme, where Dreamboard applies the theme in seconds.
- 3DBoard / DeepEnd: Both of these tweaks take advantage of your iOS Device’s sensory hardware to give off a 3D effect on your app icons. The only difference between the two tweaks is that 3DBoard costs $2.99 and DeepEnd is free. Which tweak is better? That is hard to say, both have mixed reviews.
- NoLockScreen: Have you ever thought that the lock screen on your iOS Device didn’t need to be there? Well, a tweak has popped up in Cydia that gets rid of your lock screen. The NoLockScreen Cydia tweak bypasses the lock screen when you hit the home or power button, and takes you right to your home screen. You can enable/disable it from the Settings app, and you can uninstall at any time.
- WeatherIcon / LiveClock: Two very useful Cydia tweaks are WeatherIcon and LiveClock. The WeatherIcon Cydia tweak changes your weather app icon to display realtime weather info. So if it’s midnight and rainy, your app icon will be dark, have a cloud with rain on it, and the temperature will be displayed. The LiveClick Cydia tweak on the other hand makes your clock app on your springboard (homescreen) a real time app. Meaning it will display the actual time on the app logo, instead of the default 10:15 time.
- Safari Download Enabler: One of the huge limitations of iOS, is the inability to download any file you want and save it on your device. Safari Download Enabler is the most complete download solution for Safari. You might also want to check out Safari Download Manager.
- CyDelete: How annoying is it after you download some crappy package from Cydia to have to relaunch Cydia, go into Manage -> Packages, find it from the list, hit remove and wait? CyDelete allows you to download Cydia packages directly from your Springboard, just like deleting an app downloaded from the official App Store.
- AndroidLock XT: Have you ever wanted to change the boring ”Slide To Unlock” lockscreen? Yes, there is the option of ”Tap To Unlock” and a few others, but how about creating your own code of ”Slide To Unlock”. With AndroidLock you can draw the correct pattern you wish to unlock your iPhone.
Don’t think we forgot about Siri Cydia tweaks! We actually have a dedicated page for the top Siri Cydia tweaks that you can check out. This includes tweaks like Hands-Free control, AssistantExtensions and more. Don’t forget to also check out our Siri Hacks and Mods page.
The Top iPad-Specific Cydia Tweaks
- Quasar: This tweak is perhaps the king of all iPad Cydia tweaks. The Quasar Cydia tweak is the first of its kind and lets you manage multiple apps on the same screen, without having to switch between them (just like on a desktop computer). It’s basically a windows manager that opens up apps in separate windows so you can work on them simultaneously. The tweak is iPad only, no doubt, and works just like the regular multi-tasking in iOS.
- Emblem: With Emblem, notifications appear in the corner of the screen in stacks that you can swipe through. These notifications can be easily dismissed with gestures, for example by dragging a notification off screen. This brings a more Mac-like notification feel to the iPad.
- RetinaPad / FullForce: Many Applications are not yet compatible for the iPad’s giant display. This is why two tweaks have been created to reduce the likelihood of running into this problem. These tweaks are RetinaPad and Fullforce. While RetinaPad tries to enable Retina Display on Applications that support it for the iPad, Fullforce will try and force applications to go into fullscreen mode.
- SplitMail for iPad: If you are an avid Mail.app user on your iPad, then you are probably more inclined to use the landscape orientation because it offers a much more robust browsing experience. Thus, what the SplitMail for iPad Cydia tweak does is force this robust browsing experience on to the portrait orientation of the Mail.app.
- Fullscreen For iPad: The Fullscreen For iPad Cydia tweak enables a true fullscreen safari browsing experience on your iPad. Besides adding fullscreen browsing however, this tweak also makes Safari a real multitouch browser. Adding configurable gestures like two and three finger swipes, three finger tab, shake and much more.
iJailbreak Toolkit And Other Tweak Compilations
Although this is already an exhaustive list of Cydia tweaks, there are many more that we cover here on iJailbreak that are worth checking out. The best way to know about new and upcoming Cydia tweaks is to follow iJailbreak on a regular basis, but below is a list of some of our past Cydia tweak compilation articles. Recently we have even started doing iJailbreak Toolkit articles that are a list of tweaks on a particular subject.
- iJailbreak’s Toolkit: 5 Most Power Activator Plugins And Extensions
- iJailbreak’s Toolkit: 5 Most Powerful Download Utilities
- iJailbreak’s Toolkit: 5 Most Powerful Remote Access Utilities
- iJailbreak’s Toolkit: 5 Powerful Tweaks To Make The iPad Feel Like A Computer
- iJailbreak’s Toolkit: 5 Must-Have Cydia Tweaks And Utilities For Retro Gamers
- iJailbreak’s Toolkit: 5 Free And Essential Everyday Cydia Tweaks And Utilities
Cydia / Jailbreak Tweak List And Compatibility List
We realize that we have probably missed some great Cydia tweaks in this list. As such if you leave us a comment with your favourite tweaks, we will add them to the list as long as we think they are of quality.