Yesterday we went into detail on how to backup your Instagram photos to your computer or to the cloud and then delete your Instagram account. This is of course in relation to the recent Terms Of Service update Instagram pushed that gives it the right to use your photos in personalized ads. Although the Terms of Service change didn’t end up being as bad as fist thought, it still might be enough of a concern for you to want to switch to Flickr from Instagram.
If this is indeed the case then you will be glad to know there is a simple way to go about doing this, it involves using a service called FreeThePhotos. In this brief tutorial you will learn how to use FreeThePhotos to migrate your photos from Instagram to Flickr the smart way.
How To Export Photos From Instagram To Flickr
- The first thing you will need to do is create a Flickr account, if you haven’t already, and also login to your Instagram account.
- Next you will need to head on over to FreeThePhotos.com.
- When you arrive at FreeThePhotos.com you will need to click the Login with Instagram button. Upon clicking this button you will be directed to a new page where you will need to grant FreeThePhotos access to your account. Grant FreeThePhotos access and you will be directed by to the main page.
- Now click the Login with Flickr button and repeat the same process.
- You should now be able to put a tick besides alert me once the migration finishes, do this now, enter your email address and then click the Free Your Photos button.
Give FreeThePhotos some time to complete the migration and in a short while you should receive an email saying the process is complete. At this point all of your Instagram photos should have been transferred to Flickr and you can close down your Instagram account.
I am going to repeat the same warning I included in the previous tutorial, “Remember that once your account is deleted there is no bringing it back and you will not be able to register under the same username at a later date. You have been warned!” Another thing to keep in mind is that Flickr has limitations to the amount of photos you can upload per month on the free account, click here to learn more.
Leave a Reply