A never ending list of ROMs is present at the XDA forums for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300. Today another custom ROM joins the ranks, this time developed by Turkbey, an XDA Developers member. It’s called the Turkbey ROM. This new Android Jelly Bean based custom ROM has increased speed, smoothness, stability and many new features.
A large number of adjustments have been made in this ROM. However, some bugs have been reported by those who tried it out. The steps for downloading the TurkbeyROM JB 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 can be found below.
- Before following the instructions carefully the guide over a couple times.
- The guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300. Use on any other device may cause an unwanted situation to arise.
- You are following this guide at your own risk and there is no guarantee these steps will work under all circumstances.
- Samsung Galaxy S3, model GT-i9300, rooted with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Windows desktop computer.
- USB Cable of your device.
- Battery should be 50 -100% to ensure un-interrupted download of the software.
- Download the TurkbeyROM (link).
- On your device’s SD Card, copy the file ‘TurkbeyROM ZIP’.
- Switch off your device and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode by pressing the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons. Do not release the buttons until the screen switches on. The volume keys may be used to navigate through the menu while the Power key can be used to select an option.
- From the main menu, select ‘Backup and Restore’ and then select ‘Backup’. A backup of your data will be created.
- Select ‘Wipe data/ Factory reset’ and confirm the action on the screen that appears.
- Next, choose the option ‘Install ZIP from SD Card’ and then further select ‘Choose ZIP from SD Card’. Lastly, select the TurkbeyROM file and confirm the action.
- Afterwards AROMA Installer will pop up on the screen. Follow the instructions appearing on screen and select the settings that you want.
- Next choose the option ‘Wipe Cache Partition’ and give a green signal for this process to occur.
- Again go back to the main menu and select ‘Advanced’ > ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’ on the next screen. Allow for the process to complete.
- Now restart your device by clicking on the ‘reboot system now’ option on the main menu.
Turkbey ROM has been successfully installed on the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300. You can now customize your device the way you want. Be patient as the device will take some time to reboot properly into the new ROM.
For more custom ROMs for your Android device, and for more guides on how to install custom ROMs to your Android smartphone or tablet, check out iJailbreak’s Android ROMs section.