Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_start_anchor_id in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 351
Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_top_offset in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 352
The best thing about the Android OS is that it’s open source, which allows developers to release different ROMs for customizing various devices. If you’re bored with your stock firmware, you can switch up things with the new Android Revolution HD 15.0 ROM. XDA Developers’ member mike1986 is the developer behind this ROM.
This is a ROM that offers users speed, smoothness, and unparalleled stability. It is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with the official Samsung firmware I9300XXDLJ5. It brings a stock kernel, but users are free to choose the Perseus custom kernel in the AROMA installer.
The instructions are meant to be used on the GT-i9300 model of Samsung Galaxy S3. It may damage other models if they’re applied on them. You should read each and every instruction carefully before performing the actual process. The battery of your phone should be charged to at least 80% as well. It’s also recommended that you create a backup of all the important files. You follow this guide at your own risk. We don’t take responsibility for any damages if something goes wrong with the device after performing these steps.
Instructions To Flash Android Revolution HD ROM
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. You can do this from our how-to guide (link). Skip this step if custom recovery is already installed on your phone.
- Download the Android Revolution HD 15.0 ROM (
link) and Super Wipe Script ( link) on your PC.
- Copy both the Android Revolution HD ROM file and the Super Wipe Script to your Galaxy S III’s internal SD card.
- Switch off your Galaxy S III and boot the Galaxy S III into recovery mode by holding down the Volume up, Home, and Power buttons.
- Make a NANDriod backup by selecting the Backup & Restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset; confirm the action on the screen that appears.
- Select Install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card. Now select the Android Revolution ROM.
- Select the configuration options you want in the AROMA installer.
- Wait for the installation to finish and the phone will reboot automatically
- If your Galaxy S III fails to reboot after the installation, and returns to the ClockworkMod Recovery, select ‘Reboot System Now’ from the recovery menu.
Success! You’ve installed the Android Revolution HD ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300. Feel free to drop us a line in the comments below.
For more custom ROMs for your Android device, and for more guides on how to install custom ROMs to your Android smartphone or tablet, check out iJailbreak’s Android ROMs section.