New day, new update in Cydia: SBSettings. What is SBSettings? Let’s just say “welcome to convenience”. SBSettings gives you quick access to toggle on and off connectivity (WiFi, 3G, Edge) to your iDevice, among other features.
What’s new in version 3.3.1:
- Fix: statusbar date on 4.2.1 or newer devices.
For those who missed version 3.3 change-log:
- Fix: Updated fix blanks button to hopefully not crash when more than one blank exists
- Fix: Hopefully fixed the more app crashing when one of the ads cannot load.
- Fix: When moving toggles order, added back the “save” button so user knows to press “save” to save changes.
- Fix: Lock screen buttons when you hit the power button on the lock screen. Removed lock and the title so it fits.
- Fix: Internal window ordering in main drop down window to help compatibility issue with folder enhancer.
- New: Added option to more app, system options, to delete the carrier name to give more space to statusbar for things like date and free memory.
- New: Included Max’s Serious SBSettings HD theme that adds a retina icons display theme to default sbsettings. Thanks to Max at maxthemes.com for this great theme!
- New: Added retina icons for the more app for retina displays. Thanks to 42395_skyline for these icons!
- New: Added support for springboard key that was used by makeitmine app. This means that installing SBSettings should actually fix makeitmine. (I did this because it’s needed for the delete carrier name option).
- Toggles: Removed phone toggle from default. It doesn’t work on 4.2.1 and newer devices. Use airplane instead. (Phone toggle is now installable via separate package in cydia for older devices).
Everytime I release an update to SBSettings, my inbox is literally flooded with a whole bunch of “SBSettings bugs” that are not even remotely related to SBSettings. Sometimes it takes a long time to debug these issues and point out which app had the issues. If you are having problems, and it’s some wacky thing that is not in the change log above, you should consider removing mobile substrate and all the apps it wants to remove, rebooting, installing sbsettings in this state, and seeing if you can reproduce the issue. Then reinstall your apps one-by-one. I know it’s a pain, but this is basically what I’ll recommend you do when I sense that the issue cannot be SBSettings related.
You can download SBSettings from Cydia via BigBoss repository for free.