Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_start_anchor_id in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 351
Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_top_offset in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 352
Are you currently debating which streaming-media box you would like to purchase? There are many choices when it comes to such a device including the Apple TV, Boxee, Google TV and Roku. If you are currently debating between a couple of the devices listed then you may find this breakdown of troubleshooting requests based off each device, reported by BusinessInsider, to be useful.
These troubleshooting request stats are from FixYa, which is a tech troubleshooting website with over 20 million registered users. Essentially what FixYa did was look at all the questions they received about various streaming-media boxes and broke them down in an easy to follow format as shown below…
Google TV: 7,886 troubleshooting requests.
- Blocked content (i.e. Hulu, Viacom, NBC, ABC) – 55%
- Difficulty connecting with home theatre system – 20%
- Cannot record content – 15%
- User interface is confusing – 5%
- Other – 5%
Apple TV: 6,762 troubleshooting requests.
- Trouble connecting to iTunes – 40%
- No sound from iTunes movies – 20%
- Will not play music unless TV screen is on – 15%
- Trouble using the iPhone as a remote – 10%
- Other – 15%
Boxee: 5,482 troubleshooting requests.
- Firmware update freezes – 30%
- Audio drops – 25%
- No Flash update – 20%
- Browser crash – 15%
- Other – 10%
Roku (most recent model): 3,456 troubleshooting requests.
- Will not connect to Internet – 35%
- Sound does not work – 15%
- Game remote does not work – 15%
- Cannot record content – 10%
- Other – 25%
Were these statistics useful? Share your thoughts in the comments section below…