The FireCore Dev-Team has recently tweeted that a new version of their popular aTV Flash (black) tool for the Apple TV 2G is available – aTV Flash (black) v1.7. If you didn’t already know, aTV Flash (black) is a software package that offers a lot of extra features for your Apple TV!
aTV Flash (black) v1.7 includes most notably seamless access to trakt.tv, which is a service that automatically tracks the movies and TV shows you watch, and proves recommendations for related content you might enjoy. Besides trakt.tv integration, aTV Flash (black) v1.7 includes a whack load of bug fixes and other small improvements.
Below is the full changelog for aTV Flash (black) v1.7:
- Added trakt.tv integration (scrobbling and ratings)
- Added localized movie poster art
- Added localized movie ratings
- Added AirControl (beta) – an open control API for Apple TV
- Added support for embedded DVB subtitles
- Added advanced read-ahead buffering for SMB and NFS shares
- Added Simplified Chinese translation
- Added ‘Update All’ option
- Added support for secure web logins
- Improved metadata fetching speed
- Improved video rotation detection for MOV files
- Improved support for YUVJ420 & YUVJ422 formats (used by digital cameras)
- Improved top-level menu layouts
- Resolved crash when accessing ISO files on certain shares
- Resolved potential streaming issues when using an unstable network
- Resolved AFP related memory management issues
- Other minor improvements & fixes
If you haven’t already installed aTV Flash (black) then you can try it over here, it’s only $29.95. Current users can update to the latest version by navigating to Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu. Let us know what you think of this update in the comments.