How To: Install / Flash ClockworkMod Recovery On Sony Xperia T LT30p [GUIDE]
Every tech enthusiast wants to explore their gadgets on a deeper level, and Android users are no different. There are a lot of ways through which these devices can be customized, with custom ROMs leading the way.
Custom ROMs require ClockworkMod Recovery present on an Android device to install ROMs though and if a device does not have ClockworkMod Recovery, it severely limits the amount of customizations you can do. To the delight of Sony Xperia T LT30p owners, you can now install this custom recovery. The credit goes to XDA member tilal6991. The device originally runs on Ice Cream Sandwich, but it can be changed or modified by using ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199.
Users, especially those doing it for the first time, are advised to read the steps properly before applying them on their phone. Keep in mind that during the flashing process, the phone warranty will become invalid. The data will also be wiped. Therefore, you should create a backup.
- Carefully read all the steps and instructions given.
- The steps mentioned for flashing are being provided only to provide general guidelines and education.
- In case anything happens to the device because of following the guidelines, iJailbreak won’t take responsibility. You should follow every step at your own risk.
Apart from following the caution notes, you need to have an unlocked bootloader (link). The battery of the device should also be charged properly.
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery image (link) and Fastboot zip file (link).
- The next step is to extract the folder from the fastboot.zip file to C:\Fastboot. The folder contains four files in total.
- Copy the ClockworkMod Recovery image to the Fastboot folder. The total number of files in the folder now increases to be five.
- Switch off the device, and hold down Volume Up key. This will enter the device into Fastboot mode. Now connect the device to your computer via a connecting USB cable.
- Open the command prompt as administrator, and enter the following commands:
Fastboot flash boot 15102012.img (In case something goes wrong try using fastboot –i 0x0fce flash boot 15102012.img)
ClockworkMod Recovery 188.8.131.52 has now been flashed to the Sony Xperia T LT30p. Now you can enjoy new software such as custom ROMs. Please note you may need to flash the boot.img file via Fastboot before you install the ROM after flashing ClockworkMod Recovery. Feel free to leave comments if you experience any troubles.