How To: Root Sony Xperia T LT30p [Tutorial]
We recently wrote on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Sony Xperia T LT30p. Today we have another guide for this handset. This time around we are going to show you how to gain root access to the device. XDA Developers’ member, Bin4ry has developed a rooting method which is easy to follow.
It’s a one-click rooting tool and is the 15th version of this tool. Previous rooting methods created lag issues and some bugs interfered with the process. The latest release ensures users don’t face any such problems.
The chances of losing data while it is in Normal Mode is slim, but it is always a safe option to have a backup ready in case any unlikely difficulties arise.
- Carefully go through the instructions before applying these instructions.
- You are solely responsible if anything goes wrong during the rooting process.
- These instructions provided are only for the sake of learning. The mentioned procedure may not work as stated depending on your specific circumstances.
- The procedure being mentioned is only for the Sony Xperia T LT30p. Applying them on any other device or model may lead to results that are not desired.
- Sony Xperia T model number LT30p. Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS or higher is recommended.
- A Windows PC..
- Charge your smartphone to full battery or at least 70% battery. Any less battery may cause disruption during the process.
- Create a backup of all your personal data present on the smart phone.
- Download the root package (link) to your computer.
- On your Xperia, click on the “Settings” > “Developer Options”. From there, enable the “USB debugging” option.
- Extract the file ‘.zip’ file from the rooting package. This can be done with zip extraction software like WinRAR.
- From the extracted files, select “RunMe.bat” file. The tool window will appear next.
- Now using a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
- After the connection is made between the two devices, type“1” in the window and press “ENTER” to allow the process to initiate.
- The rooting tool window will display the further steps which need to be followed. Carefully perform all the steps. Your device may reboot two times, so don’t panic.
Your Sony Xperia T LT30p has now been rooted successfully. Feel free to leave comments below if you experience any troubles.
For more guides on how to root your Android smartphone or tablet, check out iJailbreak’s How To Root section.