Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_start_anchor_id in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 351
Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_top_offset in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 352
Would you like to use WhatsApp, the largest multi-platform messaging app, on your iPad or iPod Touch? Well, there is a way to do that. Normally, WhatsApp wouldn’t run on an iPad or an iPod Touch as it requires a mobile number to be activated. Heck, the app won’t even install on your iPad or iPod Touch if you try downloading it from the App Store.
If you really want to run WhatsApp on your iPad or iPod Touch, then you can, but it takes a little more than just downloading the app. For starters, you’ll need to be on a jailbreakable iOS firmware, preferably iOS 8.4.
As of now, you cannot install and use WhatsApp if your iPad or iPod Touch isn’t jailbroken. Want to learn how to jailbreak iOS 8.4? Follow this tutorial if you’re running Mac OS X, or this tutorial if you’re using a Windows PC, and you should be jailbroken on iOS 8.4 in a jiffy. This will also work on older jailbreakable firmwares such as iOS 7 or later.
Here’s how to install WhatsApp on iPad or iPod Touch with iOS 8.4 (jailbroken):
- Search for a tweak called WhatsPad on Cydia and install it.
- Now, you’ll need to download a file and app management tool such as iFunbox on your Windows PC or Mac. You can do so by visiting i-funbox.com.
- On your PC or Mac, launch iTunes, head to the App Store and download the WhatsApp app.
- Launch iFunBox on your Mac or PC and click on the Install App button. Make sure your iPad or iPod Touch is connected to the computer.
- Now browse for the downloaded WhatsApp IPA, which will be located in the Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > Mobile Applications on Windows and Macintosh HD > Users > [your username] > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > Mobile Applications on Mac.
- After selecting the file, click on Open to begin the installation process. Once completed, you should see the WhatsApp icon on your iPad or iPod Touch.
That’s it. You have successfully installed WhatsApp on your iPad or iPod Touch. Remember, you still need to activate the app to be able to use it for chatting. To do so, provide a working mobile number during activation.
If you aren’t jailbroken, you can try out the new Whatsapp web client. However, this will only work well on the iPad, so give it a try. But it’s still not as good as having a fully fledged app on your device.
Did this work for you? Are you enjoying Whatsapp on your iPad or iPod Touch?