With both the Mac OS X and Windows versions of P0sixpwn being released the FireCore dev-team have now implemented the exploits found within the Jailbreaking solution from @iH8sn0w, @winocm, and @SquiffyPwn into a new version of Seas0nPass to Jailbreak the Apple TV Untethered on 5.3. They have also updated aTV Flash (black) to version 2.4 to be compatible with the new 5.3 firmware.
The FireCore dev-team further went on to state that “there has been some encouraging progress made on Apple TV 6.0+ thanks to our friends Evad3rs and NitoTV, and we hope to have more news available soon.”
So what’s new in aTV Flash (black) v2.4?
- Added support for untethered Apple TV 5.3
- Improved reliability of installation process
- Improved diagnostic reporting
- Other various fixes and improvements
Those currently running the 5.3 firmware will simply need to install the Maintenance (2.4) update by following the instructions shown below:
- On the ATV2, navigate to Maintenance > Manage Extras
- Install the Maintenance (2.4) update and the Click to Untether (1.2) items – restart the Apple TV when prompted.
If you need to update to 5.3 or reinstall follow these instructions:
- Navigate to Maintenance > Settings > Manage Backups and create a new backup. Double-check to ensure the backup is listed in the Restore From Backups menu.
- Download the latest version of Seas0nPass.
- Open and run Seas0nPass normally, to update the Apple TV to 5.3 untethered.
- Download and run the new 2.4 version of aTV Flash (black) to reinstall.
Will you be Jailbreaking the 5.3 firmware? Let us know in the comments section.
its been a long long time since an apple tv jailbreak FINALLY :)
Still waiting on 6.0+