Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_start_anchor_id in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 351
Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_top_offset in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 352
Remember awhile back, when we said Ryan Petrich was going to update ActionMenu for the iOS4 firmware generation? Well, today ActionMenu was updated to V1.1 and with this new version of ActionMenu comes iOS4 and Retina Display support. For everyone who does not know what ActionMenu is; it is a tweak vastly extends the iPod Touch/iPhone’s and even iPad’s copy and paste functionality. Some of ActionMenu’s built in actions include Locate, Find and Send to Pastie.
ActionMenu will be available in two packages – ActionMenu Lite and ActionMenu Plus Pack. Their individual features include:
Included in Action Menu (free):
- “Copy All” sends the entire text in the current field, all the items in the selected table, or the entire text of the web view to the clipboard.
- “Dial” sends the number present in the field, web view or active table cell to the Phone application.
- “Favorites” presents a list of common phrases to paste into the current text field. List is customized via the Settings app (my personal favorite feature)
- “Scroll” provides quick scroll to top and scroll to bottom buttons to make navigating tables and web pages quicker.
Included in Plus Pack ($2.99):
- “History” maintains a record of items that have been added to the clipboard for quick and easy pasting (a real time saver).
- “Lookup” integrates with Google Search, Wikipedia, Dictionary and Google Translate to provide quick info on the selected text.
- “Tweet” sends the selected text to your favourite Twitter client so you can get the word out.
- “Locate” pastes a link to your current GPS location on Google Maps.
- “Find” allows searching within a page in Safari, Twitter for iPhone and other standard web views.
- “Send to Pastie” uploads the selected text to pastie.org for easy sharing.
The great thing about ActionMenu, is that you do not need to use all of its features. You can pick and choose which actions you use most, and hide the other actions. Even if your not going to purchase the Plus Pack, make sure you check out the lite version, as this is one tweak that I recommend to every jailbroken user. What are your thoughts on ActionMenu for the iOS4 firmware?