I know what you are thinking: BitTorrent has officially managed to open the gates of piracy to iOS users. However, that’s not even remotely the case.
BitTorrent has released a new version of its Sync app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The goal: to compete with Dropbox and to address users’ privacy concerns related to cloud services.
A beta of Sync has been available for Android since July and the brand new iOS app enables you to do the exact same thing as on Google-based devices: you can share your content on all your devices, including a PC or Mac, without file size limits or all the hassle that comes with cross-platform syncing. Sync doesn’t even rely on servers or the cloud, keeping your information safe and secure.
Here’s BitTorrent official description of Sync:
BitTorrent Sync is a brand new product from BitTorrent that lets you sync an unlimited number of files and folders of any size across all of your trusted devices.
BitTorrent Sync for iOS gives you access to all of your synced folders when you’re on the go, and introduces a new mobile-to-mobile sharing feature for easily sending your photos and videos to your friends.
These are Sync’s official features:
- Access all your Sync folders and files from your iOS device.
- Add photos and videos from your iOS device to any of your Sync folders.
- Quickly and easily send photos and videos from your iPhone directly to your friends iPhone using BitTorrent Sync mobile-to-mobile sending.
- Automatically backup your Camera Roll to a folder on your computer.
- File transfers are encrypted and protected by private keys.
- Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud.
- Connecting the iOS application to other Sync folders is as easy as taking a picture of a QR code with your camera.
You can download BitTorrent Sync right now on the App Store. Have you downloaded it? Do you think it’s useful? Let us know in the comment section below.
Download BitTorrent Sync for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad [iTunes Link]