Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_start_anchor_id in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 351
Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_top_offset in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 352
Apple released Messages for OS X Mountain Lion for Mac users to stay in touch with other iMessage contacts through their computer and what a great idea it was! Unfortunately, however, if you have a Windows or Linux computer or don’t have access to your Mac then you are limited to how you can communicate.
Not to fear though, if you have a Jailbroken device you will be glad to know a tweak by the name of Remote Messages replicates as much functionality as possible of the Messages app in any modern browser like Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
The tweak isn’t new, but it has been updated for iOS 7 and 64-bit devices. The other benefit of Remote Messages is you can send both traditional SMS and iMessages. You also get features like file attachments, camera roll access, contacts and pictures and much more.
You can download Remote Messages from the BigBoss repo for $3.99. If you owned the previous version it is available for only $1.99.
Once you go ahead and install the tweak here’s how you set it up.
- Go into Remote Messages preferences tab in the Settings app and set a username/password you wish to login with. You may also set any port number you wish.
- Next simply slide the Enable toggle to the On position and allow a few seconds for the tweak to activate (if you are having issues connecting to the server reboot your device).
- Now simply ensure that both your iOS Device and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- With that said take note of the IP address displayed at the top of the Remote Messages preferences panel and enter that into your web browser follow by : , then the port number. Example: http://192.168.1.5:455
- Lastly authenticate yourself and you are golden!
This is a great tweak that is certainly worth installing. Be sure to let us know what you think of it in the comments section below.