Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_start_anchor_id in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 351
Notice: Undefined variable: dd_override_top_offset in /home/ijailbre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 352
Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 owners enjoy a unique experience by flashing different ROMs. However, too much ROM flashing can take its toll and could even get boring. Why not try flashing kernels for a change? Many of you may end up flashing the wrong kernel, but there’s no need to panic, a stock kernel can be flashed to make things normal. ‘jlink38’, an XDA Developers member, has introduced a stock kernel, JOP40C, for the Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 that can undo any modifications you may have done to the device.
- This information is only for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250. Using it on a different device can lead to undesired results.
- Follow this guide at your own risk.
- Carefully read through the tutorial a couple times before following it.
- Charge the battery to a proper level.
- Disable any security softwares on your computer and make sure the OS of your computer is Windows.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250. Before moving forward, make sure that the device is bootloader unlocked and flashed with ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Download the package JOP40C kernel to your computer.
- Data on the device may get deleted. In order to preserve it, create a backup of all the required data. The data may include contacts, MMS, WiFi passwords, internet settings, SMS and other such data.
- From your computer, copy the JOP40C package on the SD card of your device.
- Now turn off your device and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, simply press the buttons Volume Up, Volume Down and Power. Make sure that your device turns on again before you release the buttons.
- Go to the option labeled ‘Backup and Restore.’ Then click on the option ‘Backup’. This is going to create a Nandroid backup.
- Once this is done, the next step is to select ‘Wipe data/ Factory reset’. From the two options that appear, choose the one saying ‘Yes’.
- Select ‘Install ZIP from SD Card’ and then from the next set of options ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and finally the stock kernel package to flash it on your device.
- Once the flash has completed, restart the device. From the main menu, select the ‘Reboot System Now’ option.
Your Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250 is now on the stock JOP40C kernel. Feel free to leave comments if you have any further questions or comments.