Are you excited for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean’s new features? Are you so excited that you can’t wait for the official release to try out the enhanced notifications system and Google Now? Thanks to XDA-Developers forum user bigxie, not only can you install the stock ROM which Google released at their Google I/O keynote, but you can also flash a fix which can root the ROM, and another fix to update the radio if you have issues. All you need is a rooted GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone with clockworkmod recovery installed and a few files from the XDA thread.
In the unlikely event that something goes wrong, iJailbreak takes no responsibility for any damages, deleted files, or hurt feelings.
1. In order to install Jelly Bean 4.1 on your Galaxy Nexus with ICS roms, a wipe will be required. Back up all the files on your phone that you wish to keep.
2. Download the zip file for Jelly Bean 4.1 JRN84D from the XDA thread, as well as the SuperSU root fix, and the file for the flashable radio fix. Place the files in the root of your SD card. If the links are down, you can find mirrors in the original forum thread.
3. From the Clockworkmod ROM Manager, select the option to reboot into Clockworkmod Recovery.
4. In Clockworkmod Recovery, select the option to wipe data/factory reset.
5. Next select install zip from sdcard. Install the zip file for Jelly Bean 4.1 JRN84D first, then repeat the process for SuperSU and the radio fix.
6. Next select the option to wipe the cache partition, and then select advanced -> wipe Dalvik Cache.
7. Reboot your phone into Android Jelly Bean 4.1.
If you need support, take a look at bigxie’s XDA-Developers thread. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.