Just over a week ago we told you that Apple was testing iOS 6.0.1 through different carrier partners, and that it would be released shortly to address various iOS 6 bugs. Sure enough, today Apple has released iOS 6.0.1 Build 9B206.
The iOS 6.0.1 firmware addresses a lot of bugs to do with the iPhone 5. In fact, if you are updating your iPhone 5 to iOS 6.0.1 over-the-air, you will first need to download an over-the-air update patch because the iPhone 5 shipped with a bug the prevents the device from receiving OTA updates. Among other things, the iOS 6.0.1 firmware fixes a graphical glitch to do with the keyboard, bugs to do with exchange meetings and more that you can read about below.
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
You can download the iOS 6.0.1 firmware for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad by clicking one of the direct download links below.
iPhone iOS 6.0.1 Download
- iPhone 5,1 (AT&T/Canada)
- iPhone 5,2 (International, aka other carriers)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch iOS 6.0.1 Download
Let us know if you encounter any issues or discover any other changes not documented in the comments section below.