The iOS 8.4.1 update, which has been due for some time now, has finally been released. Apple seeded the iOS 8.4.1 update to the public yesterday and it brings about some changes and fixes to Apple Music.
Apple introduced the subscription based music service, named Apple Music, in iOS 8.4. However, there were plenty of bugs in that were causing problems for users.
In iOS 8.4.1, Apple has managed to fix most or maybe all of the issues that you may have encountered on iOS 8.4. You can update to the latest version using iTunes or via the OTA method.
Simply head over to Settings>General>Software Update to find the new iOS 8.4.1 update, or download iOS 8.4.1 for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch from our Downloads page or the direct IPSW links below:
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s
- iPod touch (5th-generation)
- iPod touch (6th-generation)
Here’s the full list of improvements and bug fixes that you’ll find in iOS 8.4.1:
- Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library
- Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only
- Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from
- Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices
- Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect
- Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1
The iOS 8.4.1 update will most likely fix the TaiG jailbreak, so we wouldn’t recommend you to update right away. If you do, it’s alright, do not panic. You can still downgrade to iOS 8.4 as long as it’s being signed by Apple.
Have you updated?
can I download the restore.zip file for iPod6,1_8.4.1 to a PC an unzip it? So far, I get a message that the file has been unzipped, but the files are the same as in the unzipped package. iOS9 has completely destroyed my iPod5. I can’t even gracefully restore it, as it refuses to believe that Find My Phone has been disabled.