FireCore Update aTV Flash (black) To Version 2.1 With New Features
The FireCore Dev-Team are starting the new year off right with a new version of aTV Flash (black) — version 2.1 — for those with Jailbroken second generation Apple TVs. According to their official blog ” this new version we’ve worked to included a number of highly requested features as well as a slew of other improvements, fixes and all-around goodness.” What this essentially translates into is new TV show playlists, customizable favourites and speed improvements.
It was also mentioned that the FireCore Dev-Team are working on some great things that will be available in the coming weeks/months. Hopefully one of these things is the long-awaited third generation Apple TV Jailbreak that they recently mentioned was out of their control.
Back to aTV Flash (black) v2.1, the two most notable improvements are TV Show Playlists that make it easier to pick up where you left off with your favourite show. And the super customizable favourites now provide you a way to quickly get to what you want as fast as possible thanks to it being displayed right in the main menu. You can take a look at the full changelog below…
- NEW! TV Show Playlists – easily pick up from the last unwatched episode
- NEW! Custom Favorites – create favorites from almost anything, including search terms
- Big speed improvements while browsing movies/shows
- Library and Search items can now be hidden from main menu
- Now showing ‘Writers’ instead of ‘Producers’ on pre-playback screen
- .ite folders are now hidden from view
- Hidden files are no longer included in slideshows
- Better metadata fetching
- Better trakt syncing and scrobbling
- Better handling of network settings and errors
- Many search related improvements
- Many subtitle related improvements (special characters, performance, etc…)
- Fixed rare Last.fm scrobbling issue
- Fixed rare problems when playing audio files
- Fixed a few memory related issues
- iOS 6 support
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
aTV Flash (black) is available on FireCore’s website for $29.95. If you already purchased aTV flash, you can upgrade from the Apple TV using Maintenance -> Manage Extras.