Only moments ago Apple has released OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 to the public with numerous new features and enhancements. Perhaps the most notable being the ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac’s built-in camera. If you remember correctly, this was a feature originally introduced in iTunes 11 last year.
Among other things OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 brings about support for the installation of Windows 8 in Boot Camp, as well as Boot Camp support for Mac’s using 3TB hard drives. The release also includes Safari 6.0.3 as well as fixes for Logic Pro and 2011 iMacs.
Apple started beta testing OS X 10.8.3 in February and it is now available to download for all Mac computers that run Mountain Lion. You can find the full changelog below…
- The ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac’s built-in camera
- Boot Camp support for installing Windows 8
- Boot Camp support for Macs with a 3 TB hard drive
- A fix for an issue that could cause a file URL to quit apps unexpectedly
- A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins
- A fix for an issue that may cause audio to stutter on 2011 iMacs
- A fix for an issue in Contacts that may cause cards to print out of order
- A fix for an issue that may cause the desktop picture to change after logging out or restarting
- A fix for an issue in Messages that may cause messages to appear out of order after waking from sleep
- A fix for an issue that may cause the screen to display incorrectly after waking from sleep
- Improves compatibility with IMAP servers in the Notes app
- Allows the Slideshow screen saver to display photos located in a subfolder
- A fix for an issue in Contacts that may cause addresses to print in the wrong location
- Reliability improvements when using a Microsoft Exchange account in Mail
- Xsan reliability improvements
- A fix for an issue that could cause Active Directory accounts to be locked out after accessing the Security & Privacy pane in System Preferences
- A fix for an issue that could cause link aggregation to not complete after a restart
- A fix for an issue that could cause delays when logging into an Active Directory account on high latency networks
You can update your Mac computer to OS X 10.8.3 by going into the Updates tab in the Mac App Store. Let us know if you notice anything new in OS X 10.8.3, not mentioned in the changelog in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply