Since 2009 Apple has published an iTunes page in December showcasing the best of the year in Music, Movies, App Store and more. This year is no different and Apple has just made the Best Of 2013 page live showcasing the best content in its various digital storefronts.
Check out some of the noteworthy 2013 winners for yourself in apps, music, books and movies below.
- iPhone App of the Year: Duolingo – Learn Languages for Free
- iPhone Game of the Year: Ridiculous Fishing – A Tale of Redemption
- iPad App of the Year: Disney Animated
- iPad Game of the Year: Badland
- Best Artist: The 20/20 Experience – The Complete Experience by Justin Timberlake
- Best Album: The Heist by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Best Song: Royals by Lorde
- Breakthrough Album: Good Kid, M.A.A.D City by Kendrick Lamar
- Best Fiction: Tenth of December by George Saunders
- Best Nonfiction: One Summer by Bill Bryson
- Best Teen Novel: The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson and Ben McSweeney
- Best Multi-Touch Book: Breaking Bad: Alchemy by Sony Pictures Television
- Best Movie: Gravity
- Best Animated Movie: Despicable Me 2
- Best Male Performance: Chiwetel Ejiofor in 12 Years a Slave
- Best Female Performance: Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine
This is actually the first year that a language app has taken the app of the year award and also marks the first time Disney has appear on the annual list. Of course these are only a few of the apps and digital content worth checking out, be sure to check out that iTunes Store Awards page for yourself by clicking here.