A Verdict Has Been Reached For The Apple vs Samsung Trial, Samsung Loses
Unless you have been living under a rock I assume that you have heard Apple and Samsung have been in a fierce legal battle for the last little while. Each technology giant received 25 hours of court-time to convince the jury in their favour, and an additional 2 hours for closing arguments, until it will the outcome of the trial will be decided by the Jury.
Some have been calling this the patent trial of the century and they could not be more right. The outcome of this trial will push the boundaries of how valuable patents really are. As if Apple wins Samsung will be forced to change a lot of their devices and pay a large $2.5 billion fine. On the flip side, if Samsung wins Apple will also have to pay a large fine and will essentially lose their ‘thermonuclear’ was against Android.
According to numerous sources, like The Verge, the jury has reached a verdict on the outcome of the Apple vs Samsung trial. Apparently this verdict was reached at 2:35 PM and currently Judge Koh is going over the Verdict forms.
- Samsung has been found guilty to infringe on numerous Apple patents on devices like the Captiavte, Continuum, Droid Charge, Exhibit, Prevail, Galaxy S 4G, S II AT&T, SII T Mobile, Galaxy Tab, Gem, Indulge, Infuse 4G, Mesmerize, Nexus S 4G, Tranform and Vibrant.
- Samsung has been deemed wilful in its infringement on most of Apple’s patents (meaning they will receive large damages), and it has been stated that they should have known better.
- All of Apple’s patents have been proved VALID
- Samsung must pay 1 billion, 51 million 855 thousand dollars in damages to Apple
- Apple does not infringe on any of Samsung’s utility patents
- Apple does not have to pay Samsung anything for damages
- Although Apple has not won everything, it is enough to make this day important, and will mean Samsung has some serious consequences.
- Apple’s stocks have jumped to $670
Well folks, if you have not already figured it out, Apple was indeed the true victor here. For more information on the outcome of this multi-billion dollar patent trial of the century please read our in-depth overview.