The Windows Phone SDK For 8.0 Is Available [Download]
For all those Windows Phone 8 fans out there, then this is great news for you. Microsoft has released the full Software Development Kit for the Windows Phone 8.0 platform. The system requirements for this are the following:
- Supported operating systems: Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 64-bit client versions
- 4 GB of RAM
- 4 GB of free hard disk space
- 64-bit (x64) CPU
The Windows Phone 8 Emulator requires:
- Windows 8 Pro edition or greater
- Requires a processor that supports Second Level Address Translation (SLAT)
If your computer does not meet the requirements for the Windows Phone 8 emulator, don’t worry, the development kit will still install and run, however you will not be able to deploy or test apps on the emulator.
- Choose the language version you want to install and click the Download button for the WPexpress_full.exe file. Follow the onscreen instruction to install the SDK.
- Download the release notes which are in a separate file. For Windows Phone SDK 8.0 documentation and samples are in the Windows Phone Dev Center.
- To start VS Express for Windows Phone, click the application in the Apps list. If you have Visual Studio Professional, Premium, or Ultimate, the VS Express for Windows Phone shortcut will not appear. Instead, start your Visual Studio instance as usual and then create Windows Phone SDK 8.0 using the installed Windows Phone templates.
- If you try to run a project in Windows Phone Emulator and Hyper-V is not enabled, you will be asked to turn on Hyper-V. Turning on Hyper-V does require you to restart your computer.
You can download the SDK kit by clicking here [Direct Download]
You can download the full Windows Phone 8 release notes by clicking here [Direct Download]
Do you use a Windows Phone, if so let us know what applications or additions you would like to see added the most from Microsoft or third-party developers.