iH8Sn0w has just released iFaith version 1.4.1 to fix numerous bugs present in iFaith v1.4 and also to remove the kill-switch that accidentally got distributed in iFaith v1.4. Another notable improvement in iFaith v1.4.1 is the added support for the Apple TV 4.4.4 firmware.
In case you are not familiar with iFaith, it is a software that allows you to dump SHSH blobs directly on to your physical iOS Device. The difference between other SHSH saving programs like TinyUmbrella and iFaith is that iFaith allows you to save SHSH blobs for a specific firmware you are running even if Apple is not currently signing that firmware. This means you are even able to downgrade on the iOS 5.0 firmware generation as explained in our previous guide.
If you are interested in taking a look at the complete list of changes present in iFaith v1.4.1 you can take a look at the official changelog below:
- Added Apple TV 4.4.4 (9A406a) support.
- TinyUmbrella iOS 4.4.x/5.x.x blobs are now accepted.
- Resolved rare DFU detection issues.
- Resolved issues with 8GB iPhone 4 Models.
- Resolved iPhone 3GS issues with factory certificates/Error 21 that occurred during restore.
- Resolved iOS Detection issues.
- Removed kill-switch that accidentally got distributed in iFaith-v1.4′s public release.
Do you have an iPhone 4S or iPad 2? Well, if you do it is good to keep in mind that you will not be able to take advantage of iFaith until an actual DFU bottom exploit is made publicly available. If you would like to download iFaith v1.4.1 you can go to the iJailbreak Downloads Section or click the download mirror below:
Download iFaith v1.4.1 (Windows)
Let us know what you think of iFaith v1.4.1, and also if you have any questions in the comments section below…