BiteSMS v5.2 (Beta1) Now Available! iOS 4.3 Compatibility And TextFreek Integration
BiteSMS has pushed out a new BETA for their popular SMS/MMS jailbreak application. This new BETA is mainly about TextFreek integration, iOS 4.3 compatibility and bug fixes.
BiteSMS 5.2b1 changelog:
- TextFreek integration (biteSMS, Settings, TextFreek)
- iOS 4.3 compatibility
- New feature for the default send method to be “Remember per Contact”. Especially useful when you’d like to switch to using the biteSMS network for specific friends (say international or not included in your carriers unlimited plan).
“PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS A BETA ONLY, IT’S NOT FOR GENERAL CONSUMPTION”
BiteSMS official Cydia description:
You love your iPhone as much as we do? You text all the time? Want more features? Then biteSMS is for you, with lots of extra features like Smileys, Quick Reply, Quick Compose / Quick Call, Privacy, a Character / SMS Counter and much more!
You can use biteSMS as a replacement to the built-in Messaging Application , and send messages via your mobile carrier as you normally do. Or, if your mobile carrier charges a lot for sending SMS messages (say texting to overseas), you can buy credits and send them via the biteSMS network instead, which can be much cheaper.
To install BiteSMS 5.2b1, add the following source in Cydia:
TextFreek iTunes official description:
TextFreek lets you text anyone, anywhere, anytime for free. It’s the smartphone way to text on iPhone, iPod, iPad and other smart devices!
* Takes just seconds to join…
* It’s a breeze to use
* It’s super fast
* It’s funky, with cool features like smileys and contact pics
* On iPod? We give you a mobile number to share with your TextFreek friends!
Best of all FREE unlimited texting!!!
So easy, it’s scary.
Remember you might have an unlimited texting plan and think why do I need this app. However your friends might not! So be a good citizen so YOUR friends can text YOU for free!
BiteSMS v5.2 is available in the Cydia Store via BigBoss repository. More information is available at BiteSMS.com