PkgBackup Updated – Major UI Overhaul and More! [Backup and Restore Cydia Apps]
PkgBackup, a popular application by Jibril Gueye to backup and restore your Cydia applications, received a major update! Full changelog and details below:
Note: “ONLY USER WITH FIRMWARE 4.0+ WILL GET THESE IMPROVEMENTS.”
- Major UI overhaul (more is in the way ).
- Changed the launch image & icon (Special thanks to Pierre-André Leclair from iMatte).
- PKGBackup is now cloud-aware thanks to the add support of Dropbox for storage (see user guide).
- => IF YOU USE ACTIVESYNC FOR YOUR CONTACTS, YOU SHOULD USE DROPBOX.
- Added ability to uploaded backups to Dropbox.
- PKGBackup is now complete with scheduling & alerts, in addition to iCal integration!
- Added optional auto-backup at startup.
- Sound & vibration can now be optionally turned on or off.
- Added configurable primary storage (Addressbook or Dropbox)
- Added manual reload of packages.
- After a restore, you can now see the install status of each package.
- Added configurable backup/restore of:
- * Cydia repository sources
- * Users preferences files
- * Springboard files including Apple’s Folders (SBOrganizer is no longer needed, YES!!!)
- * Categories folders
- * Hidden applications
- Greatly extended the sharing functionality by adding:
- * Support for Bonjour
- * Support for Bump
- * Support for email
- * Support for Facebook
- * Support for Twitter
- Improved the performance of Usage map.
- Now prevents data corruption when using ActiveSync to sync your addressbook
- Bug fix of the keyboard appearing behind the Facebook when about to publishing
This is a K.I.S.S.(Keep It Simple, Stupid) iOS application that backup/restore all cydia packages, in additions to preferences & springboard files. It also support Categories & hidden files. Furthermore, you can now autobackup & schedule a backup.
PKGBackup is now cloud-aware, thanks to Dropbox. You now have the choose of storing you backup on the device and/or on Dropbox (which is recommend for large backup and or backup versioning).
There is no need to know FTP, SSH or other geeky stuff like other tools! If you can tap, you can use this app: “It’s so simple a caveman can do it”!
Furthermore, you can also share/exchange/send your packages lists to others using Bonjour, Bump, Dropbox, Facebook & Twitter.
I’m counting on your support & comments to make this app more KISSable
Not sure how to use PkgBackup? Check out our How To Backup and Restore Cydia Apps Using PkgBackup.
PkgBackup is available in the Cydia Store via BigBoss repository for $7.99