If you have an iPad you will be glad to know that Adobe has just released a new app called Photoshop Touch that will bring the core features of Adobe Photoshop to your Apple iPad. This means you can now edit your photos on your iPad with the power of Photoshop, share your images on social networks such as Facebook directly from with Photoshop Touch and so much more. One of the defining features of Photoshop Touch however, is its ability to use a new tool called Scribble Selection that will extract a certain part of your image ‘automagically’.
You can take a look at the complete list of features for Adobe Photoshop Touch in the quoted area below:
- Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
- Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
- Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
- Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
- Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
- Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
- Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
- Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5.
Note: Photoshop Touch will only work on the iPad 2 running the iOS 5 firmware and above with resolutions no higher than 1600 x 1600 pixels.
For those of you who are interested in downloading Photoshop Touch to your Apple iPad you can find it in the App Store for a price of $9.99.
Download Adobe Photoshop Touch app for iPad [iTunes Link]
Don’t forget to share your thoughts about this new application released by Adobe in the comments section.
Update #1: Adobe Photoshop Touch iPad app has been removed from the App Store.