NIKE+ is turning five years old! To celebrate five years of providing motivation to runners around the world, the Nike+ GPS app is currently free for a limited time on the App Store. Regularly priced at $2.99, you don’t want to miss out on this! Download links and more information after the jump…
Map your runs, track your progress and get the motivation you need to go even further. Hear mid-run cheers every time your friends like or comment on your run status, or outrun them in a game of Nike+ Tag.
- Download it on the go and start running anywhere. With this app in hand, you can track every indoor and outdoor workout easily, without a sensor.
- Record your pace, distance and run route using the iPhone’s GPS and accelerometer technology so you can see your progress over time and push yourself to go even further.
- Celebrate your best runs with fun, motivational messages from Nike’s top athletes.
- Get voice feedback during your run on how you’re doing, or tap the map to see where you are.
- Quickly send each run to Nikeplus.com where you can brag to friends, join challenges, set goals and connect with the rest of the Nike+ community.
- Activate personalized PowerSongs to help you blast past your goals and records.
- Broadcast your accomplishments to the world via Facebook and Twitter.
- Keep a record of your best runs and see if you’ve got what it takes to break them.
- Release 2.2 features now available with localized app language support in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
-COMPATIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Nike+ GPS App is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod touch (2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations) running iOS 4.0 or later.
- Some features such as Share Run and Cheer Me On require users to be connected to a wireless network for full functionality. Note that iPod touch does not support GPS functionality. Also, please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Download Nike+ GPS from the App Store