Facebook has released an update for its instant messaging app Messenger, on both iOS and Android. The update brings the ability to easily switch between conversations, swipe to delete individual messages, bigger photo sizes and more!
The Facebook Messenger 1.8 update makes the instant messenger much better than before. You can now switch between multiple conversations easily thanks to the in-message notifications and alerts. There’s a new buddy list that shows you who’s online before starting a conversation. Now, you will be able to include the friend of a friend in a conversation too. Apart from that, the photos shared on Messenger are now bigger and can be zoomed with pinch. That’s pretty much all the new improvements with the latest update. Plus, there’s also the regular maintenance, speed improvements and bug fixes.
Now with more great ways to stay in touch on the go:
- Quickly switch between multiple conversations with in-app notifications
- Include friends of friends in conversations
- Swipe to delete individual messages from conversations
- See who’s available when you start a new conversation
- Share bigger photos, tap for full screen and pinch to zoom
- Faster app loading, navigating and sending
- More-reliable push notifications
- Bug fixes
Facebook Messenger is available for free in the App Store and Google Play. Download now and tell us what you think of the new changes. Use the comments section.
Download Facebook Messenger for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad [iTunes Link]
Download Facebook Messenger for Android [Google Play Link]