Twitter for iOS has been updated and it gets back some of the previously removed features that its users missed. The last update that the app received took away some of its features instead of giving it new ones. This new update, not only brings back those removed features, but also adds new ones.
With version 4.1, Twitter brings back the swipe shortcuts and also the copy/paste of text using long hold. The swipe shortcuts let you reply, retweet and open tweets without the need to leave the timeline. The copy/paste of text feature is also back, which lets you use the inbuilt iOS long hold technique to copy and paste text in tweets. Also coming with the new update are improvements in direct message, bug fixes and many others.
Here’ the complete list of changes in Twitter 4.1:
- Swipe shortcut
- Copy and paste for tweets and profiles
- Press and hold actions on links in tweet details
- Font size settings
- Direct Message improvements
- Confirmation alert for Find Friends
- Improved startup time and general performance improvement
- Improved image quality in tweet detail
- Accessibility improvements
- Profile shows whether a user follows you
- Verified badges in people search results
- New language: Turkish
- Lots of other polish and bug fixes
I found the updated version to be faster and smoother than the version before and I’m really thankful to Twitter for bringing back the removed features. Many users had stopped using Twitter and shifted to other alternatives such as Tweetbot, but now, I see no reason why.
Download Twitter 4.1 for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (iTunes Link)