2K Games has just released one of the greatest first-person shooters (FPS) of all time for iOS, Bioshock!
BioShock is the “genetically enhanced” first person shooter where you can turn everything into a weapon: the environment, your body, fire and water, and even your worst enemies.
You are a cast-away in Rapture, an underwater Utopia torn apart by civil war. Caught between powerful forces, and hunted down by genetically modified “splicers” and deadly security systems, you have to come to grips with a deadly, mysterious world filled with powerful technology and fascinating characters. No encounter ever plays out the same, and no two gamers will play the game the same way.
Here are some screenshots:
- Biologically modify your body with plasmids – genetic augmentations that empower you with dozens of fantastic abilities.
- Control the world by hacking devices – reprogram enemy security bots into personal bodyguards, modify vending machines to change prices, and transform machine gun security turrets into powerless pieces of metal.
- Upgrade your weapons – Craft variants of ammo and plasmids by picking up materials in the city to modify them at kiosks.
- Explore Rapture – an incredible and unique art deco world hidden deep under the ocean, vividly illustrated with realistic water effects and cutting edge graphics now playable on mobile.
- Make Meaningful Decisions – do you exploit the innocent survivors of Rapture to save yourself…or risk all to become their savior?
NOTE: Bioshock is compatible with iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad 4, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and iPhone 5 – It will NOT run on earlier devices, including: iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPad Mini 1, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 5, iPod Touch 4, and iPod Touch 3.
You can download Bioshock for iOS from the App Store for $14.99. Let us know what you think of the game in the comments.