The latest beta of biteSMS 5.1 is now in Cydia, under their beta repo: . Add that to your sources in Cydia, to get the latest version.
New, in this release:
- Improved Quick Compose and Quick Reply typing speed.
- For “Ad Supported Users” we are trying out having no banner ads, and just showing a full screen ad every so often instead. As this seems like a much nicer experience with less intrusion. Lets see how this goes. Try it out if you wish (Settings, Credits / License / Ads Info, Show me Adverts ON). Initially we’ll experiment with showing no more than 1 advert every 1 minute when user navigates back to the conversation list screen.
- You can now control the order of messages in Quick List. In Settings, Quick List.
- Fixed the shadow on the navbar title in the custom ringtones screen.
- Added “swivel animation” for the conversation contact pic when pressed.
- Fixed the drop shadow in the New Message Icon.
- When entering digits into Quick Compose the “matching list” disappears so it’s easy to tap in the text area to continue.
- Fixed bug not clearing draft text correctly. See http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/1/topics/2996#…
- For the new “All Timestamps” feature, we now show the Apple day delineation (in blue) and the bubble timestamps in grey.
- Added a “right to left” or “left to right” supporting attribute in the language string files, e.g. for Hebrew.
- Fixed bug, when you swiped to delete in Quick List, text did not position itself correctly.
- Fixed bug where QC/QR was in front of the voice control window on lock screen.
If you’re trying the beta, and find a bug, please report in the forums, so that the developers of biteSMS can work on it, for the next release. Just visit the forums, and leave a comment.