A year later, Adobe’s Photoshop Touch app has finally been released for the iPhone and the iPod Touch. Last year in February, Adobe released the powerful photo editing app Photoshop Touch for the iPad. Now, all the amazing editing can be done using your iPhone/iPod Touch as well.
The Photoshop Touch app for iPhone is exactly like the iPad version, except that it’s adopted for a smaller screen. It is an amazing app and will help you edit your photos with ease. You can edit photos using Photoshop features such as selection tools, layers, filters etc. There’s also plenty more editing tools to choose from.
With Adobe’s Creative Cloud, you can sync your projects between your computer, iPad and your iPhone to continue working from any of the devices. You will need to be signed up for a membership on Adobe Creative Cloud to enjoy all of these features and more. Here’s the full list of things that can be done using Photoshop Touch for iPhone:
- Use popular Photoshop features, such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters, to create mind-blowing images.
- Improve your photos using classic Photoshop features to bring out the best in your photography. Apply precise tone and color adjustments to your entire composition, a particular layer, or a select area.
- Create something other-worldly using painting effects, filter brushes, and so much more. With Photoshop Touch, the creative possibilities are endless.
- Make your images pop with graphical text. Apply strokes, add drop shadows and fades, and more.
- Take advantage of your device’s camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique Camera Fill feature.
- Quickly combine images together. Select part of an image to extract just by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With the Refine Edge feature, use your fingertip to easily capture hard-to-select image elements, like hair.
- Work on high-resolution images while maintaining the highest image quality. Images up to 12 megapixels are supported.
I still believe that this app is meant to be used on the iPad, with the bigger screen and all. However, if you want to try it on your iPhone or iPod Touch, you can download Photoshop Touch for iPhone from the App Store now. It costs $4.99, but will not work on your iPad.
Download Adobe Photoshop Touch for iPhone and iPod Touch [iTunes Link]